[::thread::send -async] posting order not respected when sending to current thread
|User & Date:||adrianmedranocalvo 2018-07-31 14:35:32|
- Change icomment to:
thank you for your comments.
Indeed that's the issue: some [thread::send -async] are being transformed into "after" events, which implies all points you detailed, while other [thread::send -async] do not.
Mine was a lengthy text, I'm not sure my proposal it's clear. Let me summarize it:
- I think that each "thread::send -async $tid $script" should be appended to the same queue, so that events for thread $tid are evaluated on the order they were posted.
- Other events can be handled in whatever order.
- I think that transforming some "thread::send -async $tid $script" into "after idle" (as it's currently done in Thread 2.8.0) is a misfeature, because it makes "thread::send -async" no longer work as a useful thread-safe queue.
- I propose removing the code selected in the following link: https://core.tcl-lang.org/thread/artifact?udc=1&ln=2742-2759&name=61003585d6458178&udc=1
What's your opinion on doing that?
- Change login to "adrianmedranocalvo"
- Change mimetype to "text/plain"
- Change username to "email@example.com"