tcl.h: #if TCL_UTF_MAX > 4
|User & Date:||jan.nijtmans 2013-12-23 10:13:38|
- Change assignee to "jan.nijtmans"
- Change closedate to "2456649.92613796"
- Change closer to "jan.nijtmans"
- Change icomment to:
> because a valid 4 byte utf-8 char is beyond the BMP, > that means bigger than an unsigned short.
Unless surrogate pairs are used to represent characters beyond the BMP.
In TIP #388 you can read the reason for this: > 4 Not supported. The same as 3, but allowing the use of > Unicode surrogate pairs to represent the range \U010000 - \U10ffff
Implementation of this is ongoing in the "tip-389-impl" Tcl branch.
Hope this helps.
- Change login to "jan.nijtmans"
- Change mimetype to "text/plain"
- Change resolution to "Rejected"
- Change status to "Closed"